Project Island Song Education Facilitator - Closes 1st June 2018
Project Island Song is a community led ecological restoration project in the Bay of Islands. Since 2003, the Guardians of the Bay of Islands, Rawhiti Hapu (Ngati Kuta and Patukeha) and the Department of Conservation have been working together in a unique partnership to restore the ecological balance of the islands of Ipipiri (the Eastern Bay of Islands) by eradicating all pests, planting trees, and bringing back native birds, reptiles and insects to the islands.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a skilled educator to facilitate and lead our unique education programme. As our Education Facilitator, you will be passionate about inspiring conservation action amongst young people and stakeholders, and experienced in conservation and environmental education. The role will be based in the Bay of Islands, and will involve developing and running our schools-based education programme, leading the education team, working closely with volunteers and contractors across the organisation, as well as taking charge of the fundraising and business planning for the programme.
This is an exciting opportunity to lead a world-class environmental education programme, working with our partners to build a better future for our environment, and for the generations to come.
Our ideal candidate will have these attributes:
- A team player; responsible and accountable
- Well presented and professional
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Results driven with a positive, energetic, can-do attitude
- Competent in reporting and analysis with which to measure performance
- Ability to develop creative yet practical solutions
- Appreciates the dynamics of a not-for-profit organisation with limited resources
- Able to work flexible hours (evening and weekends) if required
- Good level of fitness
And will have these qualifications:
- Teaching qualifications (preferred but not-essential) and experience working with a range of students and stakeholders
- High level environmental literacy
- Experience and passion in environmental education
- Skills and experience in the relevant New Zealand curriculum areas
- Experience leading and managing a team and budget
- Experience working in partnership with other organizations
- Comfortable with Tikanga and te reo Maori
- Full drivers licence